Big Loud Records artist Chris Lane has always been a country fan, but also grew up listening to pop and R&B. Lane does a wonderful job blending these genres creating a sound of his own, which is beautifully showcased in his latest single, “Fix.”
Here are his answers to WISM's Five Questions and a Shameless Plug:
1. You have an amazing upper register, which we hear, was discovered by mistake. Tell us about that.
I was in the studio working on the EP and my producer was comping vocals, so I was just goofing off. I started singing a song, I think by Usher, I was hitting some falsetto notes and my producer whipped around and said, “What was that?!” I hadn’t done that before and I told him we didn’t have any songs that highlighted that. Shortly after “Fix,” came along and it was a perfect fit.
2. “Fix,” has soared to popularity, garnering the attention from celebrities Florida Georgia Line, Dustin Lynch, Brett Eldredge, Lucy Hale, Cole Swindell, and more. Did you have any idea this project would be so huge?
I had no idea what the reception would be like but the people you just mentioned have always been so nice and supportive of me, I can’t thank them enough! I hope this is all just the beginning!
3. ROLLING STONE has listed you as one of the “10 New Country Artists You Need To Know.” What three things do you want the public to know about you?
I absolutely love Cookies ‘n’ Cream milkshakes from Chickfila, I love Chickfila period.
My faith is the most important relationship in my life.
I also want people to know that the amount of work I put in to my live show is for them. I genuinely want people to come and enjoy themselves while I have their attention. I don’t take it lightly!
4. What’s it like having your twin brother in the band and touring together?
It’s great. We grew up playing baseball together and that went on in to college. Now we get to continue working together in this next phase of playing music together.
5. You have a strong connection with your fans. What’s the most memorable thing a fan has said to you?
My fans are the best! Most have been following my career for a long time and that means a lot. Recently, I had a man propose to his girlfriend on stage, while we were on the Florida Georgia Line Cruise, so that one is up there on the list of most memorable!
Now for the shameless plug … what would you like to promote?
Just keep pushing “Fix.” I want as many people to hear it as possible and hopefully pick up a few fans in the process!
Learn more about Chris Lane: