ALONG COMES THE ASSOCIATION: BEYOND FOLK ROCK AND THREE-PIECE SUITS
WRITTEN BY: RUSS GIGUERE & ASHLEY WREN COLLINS
Along Comes The Association is the story of how Russ Giguere and his fellow band members in the legendary and influential pop group The Association came together to create unparalleled music, unique to the time and place, and never again to be repeated. Yes, there were drugs, and there were women, such as the lovely Linda Ronstadt and Helen Mirren, but it was the sixties, after all. In reading Along Comes The Association, you are transported back in time to post-1963 America. Go on, try to resist the urge to roll one while floating on the musical cloud of melodic rock that Russ Giguere and his band of troubadours popularized and we still cherish to this day…
Russ Giguere joined The Men, a folk-rock group born out of Hootenanny Night at The Troubadour in West Hollywood, in 1964. When The Men disbanded, 6 members formed The Association, in which Russ sang lead on songs like "Cherish" and "Windy" and played rhythm guitar, serving as an integral part in The Association's sound for the next six years. During one of rock music's most influential time periods, Russ rode to the top of the music charts with The Association, opening the legendary Monterey International Pop Festival and some of the biggest concert venues in the US to the very first sounds of rock and roll. Along Comes the Association, featuring a foreword from David Geffen, chronicles Russ's time with sex, drugs, rock and roll, and three-piece suits as a member of The Association, his solo career, and the decades when he later rejoined the band. More than 50 years later, The Association's songs rank among BMI's Top 100 Songs of the Century. Somewhere in a city near you, The Association is playing a concert to a packed house of adoring fans.
• Ashley Wren Collins is an award-winning author, director, producer, choreographer, and actor. She lives in New York City.
• Forward written by David Geffen.
• Tuesday, March 10 - release date for the book, available everywhere including Amazon, Barnes & Noble etc. and SIGNED copies available for pre-order via Book Soup here!
• Weds., April 1 - Vroman's Books Pasadena, CA, Q&A and signing event with author Russ Giguere.
• Additional details and testimony can be found on Amazon!
• Media Interviews with Russ Giguere available via: Elliot Kendall, Film & Music PR & Promotion, email@example.com